Busy BN

Wednesday, July 8, 2009



That subject line is a bit lame, I know. :) But I have a reason to be goofy this afternoon. I am excited about the Lotus custom order I'll be working on for the next few weeks and I had to blog about it!

I love the Lotus kit. There is a serious lack of Asian sculpts in the reborn community so I begged {ever so talented sculptress} Adrie Stoete-Schuiteman to make the OOAK version of Lotus into a kit. I was asked to reborn the Lotus prototype last year, but I had to back out at the last minute. I felt so bad.

I wanted to reborn a regular Lotus kit after that, but due to the painting service, custom orders, and the paint fumes ordeal, Lotus never found her way to my work table. I am so thrilled to finally have time to reborn such an amazing kit.

I have always seen the Lotus sculpt as a Southeast Asian baby girl, so I will be giving her a deep tan skin tone. My hopes are that she will closely resemble an infant of Cambodian descent.

I will be posting progress shots of Lotus here while I am painting her. I will share some paint color information as well in case I can help anyone make a darker-skinned Asian baby of their own.

Painting will commence next week! Thank you for reading about my joy.

Xoxo,
BN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Brooke Nicole - Photographer + Doll Artist | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | 2002-2015 Brooke Nicole