Larger kits + kinky hair = YAY!

Sunday, November 15, 2009



I am excited to work with these larger kits like Arianna, Ava Raine, Trinity, Bella, Bonnie and any others that steal my heart. I can finally use my boxes of human, kinky hair!

I purchased the hair back in 2005 from an urban beauty supply store and never found the right kit to use it on. I knew I needed a kit that represented an older baby and until now, there haven't been many. This year, I’ve noticed an influx of kits that are 23” and larger that will look very realistic with kinky hair. African-American newborns typically don't have very kinky hair. The unique coils come with age.

Back in 2005, I used kinky human hair to root my 25” reborned Ashton Drake toddler named Shandi. After rooting, I cornrowed Shandi's hair into two afro puffs. It was a fun project! Here are photos of Shandi on display at a black doll show in Texas (circa 2005), taken by her mommy:





I can’t wait to try this style again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Brooke Nicole - Photographer + Doll Artist | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | 2002-2015 Brooke Nicole