*SOLD* Presley Kit On Hold For Now

Wednesday, May 6, 2015



Hiya Lovelies! Thank you all for the trade offers for this painted kit! I would love to trade him her for kits in the future. But...

While my hand was in the brace, I couldn't root, I could only paint, so I conducted a few painting trials. Presley was one of the tester babies for my new Vanilla Truffle skin tone with the *Wintergrace* effect. Wintergrace is a combination of new colors that will cool down the apricot undertones during the flesh stacking phase of painting. Needless to say, I have tried this three times and epically failed! The skin tones are too warm and the babies have turned out Apricot Love-A-Lot no matter what. Not that there is anything wrong with Apricot Love-A-Lot, it's super, but I would like to keep trying for Vanilla Truffle.

Vanilla Truffle is the skin tone my daughter had until she was about six years-old. Her apricot undertones developed later. I see so many fair-skinned AA/ethnic people with that same pink & milky tone, I would love to paint it! I thought I had given up on Vanilla Truffle, but using Presley's photos as guides, I think I finally figured out what I am doing wrong. I need to make several changes to my Vanilla Truffle color palette. I can't test now, I have too many projects I need to complete, but I truly feel I know what to do now. I need to use Presley as a model to make sure I mix the right colors, so she has to stick around the workshop for a bit. She will be back up for sale as soon as I get the Vanilla Truffle skin tone right. :)

The only painted kits I have left are 23" Angelina Strydom and 19" Sweet Carolina Winters. Both are Apricot Love-A-Lot. I will post pictures of them soon. These are the only painted kits I will have for sale before I shut down the sales portion of this blog. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Brooke Nicole - Photographer + Doll Artist | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | 2002-2015 Brooke Nicole