New Baby - Olympus PEN E-P1!

Monday, December 13, 2010



Okay, so as you all know, I have been hunting for a new camera to play with. I was all set to buy the expensive $1,450 Nikon D300s body until somehow I landed on a review page for an Olympus PEN E-P camera. Curiosity took over! :-) From what I understand, the PEN series cameras are not DSLR's, but also not point and shoots. They are compact like point and shoots, but use interchangeable lenses like DSLR's. Hmmm...that would be really great for me because I need something small enough fit in my purse, but I also need the option to swap back and forth between zooms and primes.

I took a peruse through Flickr last night to view some sample photos taken with the PEN's. To say I was impressed would be an understatement. Beautiful images all up in my face, all over the place, everywhere, lol! I was completely sold when I read the PEN's are able to capture HD videos like the Nikon D300s I wanted so badly.

Anywhoo, I adopted a used silver Olympus PEN E-P1, which is the very first design, released in June 2009. I ordered it with the 14-42mm kit lens for around $400 from KEH.com (I love them-- always the best service!). I just can't wait for it to arrive! I am pretty sure I can get some great results. Getting a new camera is more fun than getting a new doll. Well-- maybe not. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Brooke Nicole - Photographer + Doll Artist | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | 2002-2015 Brooke Nicole