Afro Kinky Human Hair Review

Tuesday, December 29, 2009


I ordered afro kinky human hair to try out from hisandher.com. First off, the #2 color (darkest brown) is perfection and the quality is top-notch. It arrived in 56 tight coils (yes, I counted them) that look exactly like the photograph. The coils are between 6-8 inches stretched. I unraveled a coil by twisting in the opposite direction and rooted a few individual strands. The strands did not break but they were difficult to grab with my 42 gauge, 3 barb needle. That is to be expected when rooting any curly hair though.

Because the hair is human, it became nice and soft when I added water and conditioner to it. Straight out of the package, the hair feels like a 4a texture that needs to be moisturized. For an explanation of “4a” and other hair types, click here.

The amount of hair I received (one ounce) is definitely not enough to root an entire head. I estimate that I would need approximately 6 ounces to complete a newborn-sized head due to the waste factor.

I am glad I had a chance to try the hair out. The coils are not something I care to deal with. They are better suited for wig making just as the website stated, lol.

I am planning to stick with my Beverly Johnson afro kinky human hair. It is sold unraveled and in my opinion is more rooting friendly. I haven’t had much luck finding it online and I really do not have time to go downtown to purchase the hair until February. Little Shani will just have to wait it out.

Xoxo,
BN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Brooke Nicole - Photographer + Doll Artist | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | 2002-2015 Brooke Nicole