My Stuffing and Weighting Materials

Thursday, December 10, 2009



I love reading about the stuffing and weighting techniques of fellow artists, so I thought I would share a list of my current materials.

The stuffing and weighting step of reborning depends on individual preferences and trends, so there is a fine line between right and preference. I have used these same materials for about 3 years, with the exception of the dance tights. Those are new for me. Here is my current list of materials:



(from left to right)

Poly-fil® for head, torso and limbs
E-6000® craft adhesive to seal eyes and limbs
White felt to cover limb openings
Black felt for nose
White Danskin® durasoft dance tights (to contain steel pellets for head)
1mm steel pellets for head and bottom
Plastic Poly-Pellets® for lower torso/bottom area
Waterproof Beacon™ Gem Tac™ permanent adhesive to seal hair
Extra fine (sand-like) granulated glass for limbs
Sheer nylons or knee highs (to contain pellets for torso)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive

 

Brooke Nicole - Photographer + Doll Artist | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | 2002-2015 Brooke Nicole